Laminate floors are tough, but they are not all created equal!
Some laminate flooring includes waterproof finishes, but others do not. Make sure to carefully follow guidelines and direction from the manufacturer. Here’s our quick guideline overview compiled by our Basin Appliance Center Flooring experts.
How to clean laminate floors
- Daily care and maintenance of your laminate flooring may include sweeping, dry mopping or vacuuming with a hard-surface flooring attachment. Most other messes can simply be wiped away with a damp cloth. Spills should be wiped up quickly to avoid warping.
- For a deeper clean, use a manufacturer-approved hard floor cleaner as needed.
- Strategically place doormats at entryways to capture any dirt or debris before it is tracked onto your floor.
- Protect your floor from indentations by placing floor protectors under heavy furniture and appliances. Avoid dragging anything across the floor that will scratch or damage the laminate.
- When it comes to difficult stains such as candle wax and chewing gum, or oil-based stains like lipstick and olive oil, consult with the manufacturer’s guidelines for cleaning these types of messes.